About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 4 April 2018

Wednesday Workbench 04 April


Despite being out gaming on Monday and having to pop down to Sussex yesterday morning for a few hours (followed by a little bit of shopping when I got back to London - a new size 0 Series 7 brush, some gloss varnish, Gaslands rules) I have actually managed to get quite a bit done.

I finished painting the first batch of "retinue warriors" on Monday and gave them a Klear/ink coat after I got home from gaming. Yesterday afternoon I varnished them, then started on the second batch.


Today I started off by priming all those Mongols. I did that in two batches. Then I carried on with the second batch of "retinue warriors".


I've got a decent way towards finishing them and they should be done by the weekend. That just leaves the final batch (officers, standards, musicians) to do before this lot get based. Some of the standards and musicians will probably be set aside to go on the bases with the commanders' chariots. I might paint those before basing the "retinue warriors" and do them all in one go.

After that, it's just the chariots and camp scene left to do.

6 comments:

  1. The colours of the costumes really work well with the bright bronze armour! I am REALLY looking forward to seeing the Chariotry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss gaming 15mm ancients. And you make it look so effortless producing huge numbers of fantastic looking troops! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Geordie - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - you've been beaten to first comment; what happened? ;)
    The blues and violet do work well with the bronze, don't they? :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ RedSaber - cheers! I might make it look easy, but you don't see the blood, sweat and tears that goes into painting them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er, I think I was painting my Anakin Skywalker figure when I should have been watching your blog!
    Please accept my humble apologies!

    ReplyDelete