About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 15 April 2018

Sunday Workbench 15 April

I've got a fair bit done today in the aftermath of Salute.

Sea Peoples


This morning I got the varnishing done on the chariots and ox cart.


They just need their crews now, speaking of which:



I haven't quite finished them - highlights, touch-ups and varnishing still to do. Also, I might try something a little delicate and fancy on the generals' armour; I haven't decided yet. I should get the painting finished tomorrow; the varnishing done on Tuesday and the basing on Wednesday, so watch this space.


Assembly and Priming

Last night, while watching TV and reovering from Salute I decided to assemble the MDF bridges from Warbases and the Gaslands gates. With the gates, I did make the mistake of starting to pop the hazard tokens out from the frame before realising that it would make them awkward to spray prime.

Once the bridges were assembled and the glue had dried I went over the road surface with Vallejo Dark Earth to give some texture and to fill the gaps between road sections. Note for next time - mix a little water into the Dark Earth when doing this - it will make it much easier to control.


The bridges still need to be primed - I'll probably take them into work and spray them during a lunch break.

As the weather was quite nice this morning (Spring at last! Hooray!) I took the gates and some other bits outside to spray prime.

King of the Battlefield templates and Gaslands hazard tokens:


Gaslands gates:


Some cheap diecast cars I'd disassembled and stripped during the week:


I'll be using these to test out different rusting and weathering techniques - I'll need a few rust-buckets for Gaslands.





6 comments:

  1. Those chariots look spectacular! I bet you can't wait to see them trample your enemies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chariots do look rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow..."Sea Peoples" - super cool. Always sort of mysterious...great work Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Herkybird - cheers! With my luck they'll advance, get spooked, turn tail and get caught in the rear by the enemy :)

    @ Simon Q - thanks! :)

    @ Legatus - not a machine, living flesh and blood :)

    @ Michael A - cheers! :)

    @ Greg B - thanks! Their origins are certainly subject to speculation, but at least for this mob (the Peleset) it is known what happened to them :)

    ReplyDelete