About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 9 July 2016

WIP - More SYW Russian Infantry Day 3

Furniture WIP - 4 of 6 flatpack bookcases assembled; 2 more to assemble tomorrow plus a TV stand. And then the fun begins - fixing the anti-tipping-over straps to the wall. Yes, the mad girl is being let loose with a drill, hammer and step-ladder! Once that's done she's being let loose with the same tools to put up some shelving brackets. If the world comes to a shattering end, you know the probable cause!

If the world still exists by that point, I'll be in a position to move my painting desk and storage shelves into my new hobby/painting room, giving me the space in my lounge to sort out the furniture in there.


SYW Russians WIP - excellent progress today. All the touch-ups and highlights are done; just the flags to paint. Then it's varnishing and basing. If everything goes OK tomorrow, I should have them ready for adding basing gunk on Monday. Then it will be dry-brushing and flocking on Tuesday.

Piccies:











Annoyingly, one of the bayonets snapped while I was painting these. I'll just have to make sure that it goes in the rear rank.

9 comments:

  1. Mighty good progress and they look great too. The red spray undercoat worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic, Tamsin. Excellent detail and colouring. They will look even better when based.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women with power tools almost as scary as male officers with Maps!

    Good job on the Russians they are going from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking progress alright

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work Tamsin they look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see your not slowing down

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Dannoc - cheers! I think the red primer does provide a good base for the main colours, particularly [maybe surprisingly] the green :)

    @ Michael P - thanks Padre! The basing is what will complete the look :)

    @ Clint - cheers! I'm actually not that bad with power tools :)

    @ Dave D - thanks! :)

    @ Loki - cheers! I reckon that this lot will have taken about 2 full days in total to paint when they're all done and based, so that's 33 figures a day :)

    @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ Simon - cheers! :)

    @ Ian - thanks! Once these are done, painting will be put on hold for a short while until all the furniture is sorted and I've managed to sort my stuff out when it comes back from the storage facility :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck with the DIY, not my favourite thing at all.

    ReplyDelete