About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 8 January 2016

Challenge Day 20 - Lazy Evening

I've been having a bit of a lazy evening tonight. After work I had a few bits of shopping to do, so by the time I'd got home and had my dinner it was nearly 8pm. There was no point to even considering starting on continuing the belts on the other half of the 6mm Rebs; that will wait until tomorrow.

I did spot that I'd forgotten to drybrush the Aztecs' bases so I did that before brushing on matt varnish. Once I've posted this I'll go over a few details with gloss or satin varnish.

I've also been drying out the rosemary that I started staining last night. I've just taken it out of the oven so it's cooling down at the moment. Once it's cool, I'll decant it back into its jar. Tomorrow I'll make up a mix of the mixed herbs and the rosemary and add it to the Aztec's bases as scatter.


Late last night I decided to mount the rest of my Aztecs on washers, then glued on weapons, shields and back banners. I'll be adding the basing gunk mix to them tomorrow and priming them on Sunday. Some of them will get painted up in batches next week in between the finishing steps for the 6mm Rebs.

Update - pic of the stained rosemary:

Stained; unstained



2 comments:

  1. Never thought of using rosemary and herbs for basing. I have a big bush of rosemary growing wild in my yard. might have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the completed Aztecs!

    ReplyDelete