About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 28 September 2015

Monday WIPs

*twitch, twitch*

Something's wrong.

I know - she's posting on a Monday.

Something's very wrong.


It's OK folks - I'm not ill or anything. Really - just because I'm posting on a Monday doesn't mean the apocalypse is on us*. All it means is that I have something to post about.


*it may well be upon us, but that has no connection whatsoever to do with me posting on a Monday


Last night I was looking around for something to do while I waited for the basing texture on the 6mm Union boys to dry. That was when I remembered I had painted up those pound-shop gems for use as spikes in Car Wars. So, I thought "why not spend a few minutes to stick them on bases?". Which is what I did:




Looking at them now, they aren't very "spiky", so I may use them as mines instead.


This evening I've done the dry-brushing on the bases of the 6mm Union infantry. Tomorrow I'll do the flocking and (hopefully) add the flags.

After that I guess I really ought to resume one of the other projects that I stopped part-way through painting. I haven't decided which yet.

7 comments:

  1. "The blood shall turn to blood and Tamsin shall post on a Monday. It is by these signs that ye shall know the end is nigh" :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kabooom! That's an awful lot if mines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the spam. Lots of great work going on. I too am trying to prep and power through a backlog of partially finished figures. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the do look more like mines than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a minute I thought you were going to start making your own Daleks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anne - ahh, yes, Ruminations 12;13. An excellent quote :)

    @ Michael A - not that many really, just the 40 counters. :)

    @ Sean - the pop-up comments box seems to have stopped the spam for now. Good luck with your finishing-off project :)

    @ Robert - yup, much more like mines :)

    @ Joseph - funnily enough, when I looked at the pics I was thinking "hmmm, Dalek pancakes" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looking at the pictures, I thought the same as Joseph.

    ReplyDelete