About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 23 January 2012

WIP: Sarmatians - nearly there

Well, I did get a bit more done on the armoured lancers, although not as much as I'd hoped (I got up late and had some chores to do). Touch up, detailing and brown-wash are done. Gloss varnish and basing will have to wait until tomorrow.

While I was letting the paint dry before doing the wash step, I did do a bit of prep-work on the "other cavalry" (Bow*/Light Spear cavalry). As the vast majority (39 out of 48) of these are mounted on horses without barding, it means I'll actually have to do decent horse painting. I've decided that I'll try to base it off the technique shown on Simon MacDowall's website but with the riders attached (I'll work around them).

So, all of the horses and riders have received a thin coating of white over the grey gesso primer and will get a quick brown-wash tomorrow while I wait for the gloss varnish on the lancers to dry.

In the meantime, to keep your salivary glands functioning, a couple of pics of the lancers:

En masse, 3 BGs:

And the same BG as yesterday:


I think I've finally found the right lighting set up and camera settings!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment